Wherever you are active - we are nearby: We are represented with numerous partners in Germany and with qualified specialists on all five continents.
Monitoring systems for distribution networksProduct request
Measurement & monitoring
over 3 levels
The central idea of wide spread measurement requires measuring devices to be installed on all three levels.
The central idea of wide spread measurement requires measuring devices to be installed on all three levels. Note that smart energy distribution networks require measurement technology (resolution, sampling rates, etc.) that is more capable than that required by classic industrial monitoring systems.
Janitza provides tailormade, high-quality technical solutions for this purpose. This signifi cantly reduces the costs per measurement channel (both for the pure measurement device and for the entire system).
In order to ensure comprehensive monitoring for the energy distribution network, measurement will take place on three levels in the future:
- Main substation
- Secondary substations
- Cable distributor / building connection box / decentralised generation systems / connection point for customers with special contracts
Your benefits from monitoring systems on 3 levels
- Increased availability
- Reduction of downtimes
- Reduction of transfer, distribution and non-technical losses
- Controlled management of decentralised energy generation (e.g. photovoltaics, hydro-electric power plants, biogas, etc.)
- Voltage control in secondary substations
- Fulfilling regulatory and agreement requirements (documentation obligation)
- Power quality monitoring (e.g. according to EN 50160)
- Including new technologies (e.g electric vehicles, storage)
- Quicker fault analysis
- Solid basis for network planning
- Data basis for measurement and control devices
Level 1 – main substation
When setting up monitoring systems, the "pyramid approach" over three monitoring levels is recommendable. Monitoring level one corresponds to high-end class A power quality analysers at supply terminals in the main substation. Typical application situations are supplies, transfer points from superordinate suppliers or significant outlets to critical major customers. Class A power quality analysers that are certified in accordance with IEC 61000- 4-30 are essential here.
In addition to highly precise power and energy measurement, power quality with its numerous parameters is at the forefront here.
Numerous interfaces and protocols guarantee an easy system integration (control room, SCADA, GIS). In addition to reporting the operating states and the load flows to the central control room, an individual parallel system is installed for PQ analysis and network planning in many cases.
UMG 512 Class A power quality analyser
The UMG 511 power quality analyser is particularly suitable for monitoring power quality according to standards such as the EN 50160. All power quality parameters are collected and analysed.
Level 2 – secondary substation
Secondary substations play a key role in distribution network development.
The second level (secondary substations) was virtually excluded in the past. More attention has been paid to it in the meantime. It requires a great deal of investment due to the large number of pieces.
A scalable solution is recommendable here.
- UMG 605 PQ analyser as the measurement device for the main incomer. Likewise you can also use the UMG 509
- UMG 20CM or UMG 103 as slave devices for the individual LV feeders
The initial investment costs can be reduced in this way. In addition, it is future-proof as the number of measurement points can be extended easily.
Optimisation in the distribution network
- Adhering to the voltage range (e.g. EN50160)
- Recording the utilisation level of the operating equipment
- Continual monitoring and analysis of the energy network components
- Provision and transfer of relevant power measurement data
- Comprehensive EN 50160 PQ reports for documentation and fault analysis
- Minimise interruption times and downtimes
- Targeted optimisation of distribution network development
Power quality analysers for DIN rails
Power quality analysers for DIN rails - continuous monitoring of the power quality e.g. EN 50160.
Monitoring the load flows
Power analyser with differential current measurement – unique in its class! UMG 96RM-E – energy, universal and differential current measurement (RCM) in one device.
Multifunction power analyser with RCM
Instead of the UMG 605 the UMG 509 with its userfriendly, colour graphical display can also be used.
Level 3 – decentralised distributor / generator
Cable distributor / building connection box / decentralised generation systems / customers with special contracts
The central idea of wide spread measurement requires "remote" measuring devices to be installed at the lowest level. The third level represents cable distributors, building connection boxes, decentralised generation systems or customers with special contracts. Very compact and economical measuring devices such as the UMG 103 are required at this level. In addition, higher-quality power quality analysers such as the UMG 605 are frequently used for renewable energy generation systems as well.
The communication connection takes place at the local distribution station. If there is no infrastructure present, a connection using traditional cables (copper or fi bre optic cables) is not economical. For this reason, one should consider communicating the measurement data via the existing power network using powerline communication (PLC) or via a mobile phone network.
Recording of one LV feeder
Universal meter UMG 103
Universal measuring devices of the UMG 103 product family are mainly designed for use in low voltage distribution systems.
Recording up to five LV feeders
Monitoring the load flows
Circuit Monitoring Device with RCM, 20 Channel Branch, True RMS measurement, high sampling rate at 20 kHz , operating current or residual current monitoring...